“The difference between top performing reps and average performing reps almost always comes down to how they conduct their sales conversations.”
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between your top performing sales reps and those that seem to stay in the middle of the pack?
On today’s edition of the Grow My Revenue podcast, I speak with Chris Orlob who is the Senior Director, Product Marketing, at Gong.io, the #1 conversation intelligence platform for sales. At Gong.io they can help you drive higher quota attainment across your entire sales team by recording, transcribing, and analyzing their sales conversations.
Chris and I talk about the biggest misconceptions people have about sales performance, what is driving the tenure of VP’s of sales to be shorter rather than longer, what behaviors top sales performers have versus the middle of the pack and when you should get teams of people involved in sales opportunities and when you shouldn’t.
Chris shares that “if at some point during the sales cycle, you as a sales rep can get your sales manager to show up to one call you are 258% more likely to close that deal.” But, he also adds that it’s best to do the discovery call solo.
I know you’re going to love this discussion, and you’re going to learn a ton from Chris Orlob on this edition of Grow My Revenue!
Listen to this episode and discover:
- Why you’re actually losing money with middle-of-the-pack salespeople.
- How many salespeople meet or exceed sales quotas these days.
- Why the performance gap has been such a problem and what you can do about it.
- What top performing salespeople do in sales conversations that you can do better.
- And so much more…
There’s a small subset of people who are top performers so we need to understand what moves the needle for them and Chris shares that it’s not about the number of meetings or the number of phone calls, instead it’s about the types of conversations that are taking place. Chris says, “the difference between top performing reps and average performing reps almost always comes down to how they conduct their sales conversations.”
In this episode, Chris talks about:
- How machine learning can help you understand the difference between top and middle sales reps.
- The definition of “team selling” and how to use it to your advantage.
- Why both sides of a sale must have a mutual understanding.
- Why you need visibility into your sales conversations and the 3 ways to make it happen.
Tune in for all of these nuggets of wisdom, and more, on today’s Grow My Revenue with Chris Orlob.
If you enjoyed this session let our guest know by clicking on the link below to send them a quick message:
David’s Social Channels
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.