“If you want to discover your customer’s truth, what’s really going on, what they’re saying when you’re not around, just ask them. It’s a world of transparency now.” – Bob London
Could renting an Airbnb to traveling employees near the headquarters of your ideal customer be the secret to gaining intel about your potential customer? One of our podcast listeners thought it might work and wanted an opinion about this interesting approach.
When it comes to uncovering what customers think, I turn to Bob London, founder and CEO of Chief Listening Officers, for insight and wisdom. Bob helps B2B companies develop marketing strategies that start with learning the customer’s true perspective.
Join us on this fun episode as we explore the Airbnb idea and other ‘less creepy’ methods that can help you gain insight about your client’s business needs. I think you’re going to really enjoy this episode.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- What questions should you ask your clients to gain insights about what they really think about your product or services?
- What types of information should you seek to gain from customers?
- Mistakes you need to avoid when asking customers questions meant to gain insight about their perspective.
- How do you get a sense of the urgency and value your potential customer has in solving a particular problem?
- And so much more…
Bob London is the founder of Chief Listening Officers, a marketing strategy firm based in Maryland. If you’re a regular listener, you know that Bob joins me every so often to talk about some pretty wacky marketing and sales gimmicks.
In this episode, Bob and I talk about:
- Proven methods to help you better understand your customer needs and perspective.
- How to get on the same side with prospects and customers.
- Where you can help your clients in the most dramatic ways just by asking the right questions.
- What to do with all the intel you uncovered from the questions you asked customers.
Bob says, “that people are so open and transparent when you ask about their objectives as a company, no one treats anything as, as private anymore. It’s all transparent.” So, if you are tired of just wondering what your potential or existing customers and clients think about your product, listen to this episode and discover how to uncover this valuable intel.
Thanks for turning in to Same Side Selling Podcast!
If you enjoyed this session let our guest know by clicking on the link below to send them a quick message:
- Bob’s company, Chief Listening Officers
- Discover what your customers really think and need. Download Bob’s complimentary e-book: “12 Provocative Customer Re-Discovery Questions“
Ever wondered what happens after you click send on an email?
Thanks to our sponsor, MailTag, you no longer have to wonder.
Start your completely free 14-day trial and begin tracking your emails right now (no credit card required).
Here’s the best part — You can save 50% on your subscription when you apply the code “IAN” at checkout. Happy emailing!
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.