“Find the mistakes in your process, and you can only win with the results.”
On this week’s episode of the podcast, I talk with author Jon Denn. We discuss the biggest and most harmful mistakes people make when it comes to attempting to achieve their goals, how you can begin to be and stay organized, and how to best maximize your time at work.
Jon and I talk about one of the most important aspects of a successful business, which is to remember vital pieces of information. Jon states the importance of keeping an external memory device, whether it be a journal, Google Drive or a digital app. People who do not use a memory device tend to make decisions based on incorrect data or the wrong assumptions.
Jon explains that, “Our conscious minds are terrible remembering devices. The only way to really remember something is to get it into your long-term memory.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- The benefits of using folios for an organization.
- Jon’s preference on external memory devices.
- Why you need to begin splitting your day up into “sets”.
- How much quality thinking time you actually get in an average day.
- The importance of having distinct sections in your workday.
- How you can empower and encourage your team every day.
- And so much more…
Jon is the author of the new book Drum Beat, but he’s had a long history in the business world prior to writing the book. He has been a hotel chain CEO and leads as a CEO coach for Vistage Group, which is a well-known advisory board for executive coaching. Jon currently resides between Cape Cod and the West Coast of Florida, and creates unique metaphors to assist people in their quest to organize and improve upon their businesses.
In this episode, Jon talks about:
- The four different types of meetings and the benefits of each.
- Why certain meetings need to be held at the beginning or the end of the day.
- The four-step Steel Drum and Cymbals Process of meeting organization.
- Why people need to know the goals and purpose of a meeting.
- The foolproof options to look like a superstar CEO during meetings
- How to prioritize what tasks get done, in what order, in your typical workday.
Jon says, “I’m a big proponent of working where the energy is.”
Make sure you tune in for all of these helpful methods, tips, and more, on today’s podcast with Jon Denn.
If you enjoyed this session let our guest know by clicking on the link below to send them a quick message:
- LinkedIn @JonDenn
Get the sales and sales leadership talent you need to drive revenue and growth!
Contact Peak Sales Recruiting
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions or topics for a future episode, contact me.