“The further and further away you get from the customer, the less deep understanding you have of them” – Linda Quarles
On this week’s episode, I’m joined by Linda Quarles, Director of strategy and organizational design at Frog Design. Linda has spent decades leading organizational transformations at companies like Microsoft, Owens Corning, BAE Systems, and Cigna. She brings deep expertise in how to understand human behavior from a customer perspective. Linda shares insight into how to really uncover your clients’ underlying challenge, why innovative initiatives fail, and what to recognize when trying to convince your client.
You’re going to learn a ton on this episode with Linda Quarles.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- The biggest mistake that organizations and leaders make when it comes to thinking about growth.
- How to really uncover your clients’ underlying challenge.
- Reasons why some innovative initiatives fail.
- Why you shouldn’t be in the business of convincing.
- And so much more…
Linda’s insight changes the way businesses operate and grow by uncovering customer behavior and needs. In this episode, Linda talks about:
- How practicing improv can help you do better in business.
- Why it’s so difficult for salespeople to just sit and listen.
- “Organizational organ donor rejection” – a phrase that she’s coined.
- Design thinking and organization activation.
- The 3 different types of service providers – and how to figure out which one your client needs!
Linda shares that “…even really great salespeople will make assumptions about what it is that customers want or what’s important to them.” Quarles adds “…the further and further away you get from the customer, the less deep understanding you have of them.”
Are you ready to transform your approach to business growth? Tune into Same Side Selling to get a ton of incredible insight!
Ever wondered what happens after you click send on an email?
Thanks to our sponsor, MailTag, you no longer have to wonder.
Start your completely free 14-day trial and begin tracking your emails right now (no credit card required). Here’s the best part — You can save 50% on your subscription when you apply the code “IAN” at checkout. Happy emailing!
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.