“Everyone desperately wants to hang out with people who make them laugh.” -Marty Wilson
This week’s guest is Marty Wilson, former Australian Comic of the Year. Marty currently works as an international keynote speaker and has authored 15 books to date. Today, we discuss some of the biggest roadblocks people face when using humor in business, what topics you need to avoid and which to embrace, and how to find a common thread in your storytelling.
First, we talk about the biggest mistake people make when trying to connect with others in the business world. Marty explains that many people inadvertently skip right over the rapport building stage, which is critical in any business-type relationship.
Marty elaborates, saying, “You need to establish the connection, feel the client out, and take some time.”
You’re going to learn and laugh a lot in this episode!
Listen to this episode and discover:
- How to connect with people naturally and organically.
- Why humor in business is not at all inappropriate.
- What it really means to connect on a human level.
- How to get on the same side with your audience.
- The most important things to avoid in your humor.
- Why you shouldn’t be making fun of other people.
- And so much more…
Marty is a former pharmacist, who is actually still registered and licensed. He began his stand up career after being dared to give it a try, and hasn’t looked back since!
In this episode, Marty talks about:
- The certain ways you can make fun of yourself.
- Why humor can unify everyone in the room, even if only a few people laugh.
- How to use humor, even if you’re not funny!
- Why you shouldn’t be worried about diminishing your credibility.
- How Google can help make you funnier.
- The reason you need to tell stories, not jokes.
Marty says, “The right type of humor is just being human, and connecting and engaging.”
Make sure to tune in for more pieces of advice, on today’s episode with Marty Wilson!
If you enjoyed this session let our guest know by clicking on the link below to send them a quick message:
Make Better Sales Hiring Decisions!
Uncover the dos and don’ts of sales interviewing and how to identifying top salespeople in an interview. Best of all it’s free to our listeners! Download a copy of the Ultimate Guide To Interviewing Sales Professionals
Need help finding sales and sales leadership talent to drive revenue and growth? Contact Peak Sales Recruiting
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.