I’m joined this week by Meridith Elliott Powell and Dr. Mary Kelly. They’re the co-authors of the new book ‘Who Comes Next: Leadership Succession Made Easy’.
Meridith is an award winning author, keynote speaker and business strategist. Mary Kelly is a PhD economist, corporate strategist and leadership development expert and one of the first women to graduate from the Naval Academy. Mary served 21 years as a commission officer on active duty in the Navy. She comments that some of her favorite jobs included being an intelligence officer, a chief of police, an HR director, and being part of the team that ran Pearl Harbor.
Between the two of them, Meredith and Mary have authored nearly 20 books.
I was clearly not the smartest person in the room in this conversation about succession planning. Please be sure to check out the resources that Mary and Meridith generously offered and be sure to pick up the book, which contains a roadmap of exactly how to plan for success.
Listen and Discover
- The greatest misconception about succession planning
- Why looking at succession planning is so critical right now and not just in the C-suite
- How you can take simple steps to get ahead of succession planning for yourself and your company
- And much more…
- The Book: whocomesnext.com
- LinkedIn: Mary Kelly & Meridith Elliott Powell
- Mary’s website
- Meridith’s website
- Download the episode transcript available here
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact Ian.