“The biggest mistake that organizations make; they treat sales recruiting as an event and not a business process.” – Sean Sykes
The best candidates and top performers are not looking for a job right now. To grow your sales force in a meaningful way with executives and salespeople you need to a different approach find and attract the right talent.
Sean Sykes, CEO of Peak Sales Recruiting, joins me on this episode of Sale Side Selling to discuss how you can find and attract the best candidates for your team. We talk about hiring challenges facing businesses today and strategies to overcome these challenges. Sean offers expert advice on building a great sales team.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- Why it’s so difficult to obtain and retain top sales performers.
- The biggest mistakes sales organizations make when recruiting new talent.
- Some specific things you can do to attract good candidates to your business.
- And so much more…
Sean Sykes is the newly appointed CEO of Peak Sales Recruiting, the world’s leading B2B sales recruiting company. Prior to joining Peak, Sykes was the Managing Director, Americas for Avast, the global leader in digital security products for businesses and consumers. At Avast, Sykes led revenue responsibilities for the company’s SMB business in North America and Latin America (LATAM). Sean is an experienced senior executive with a track record of building high-performing sales organizations.
In this episode, Sean talks about:
- How companies can take a proactive approach to the recruitment process.
- Why it’s so hard to find top performers through traditional job postings.
- What you can offer top prospects if they’re content in their current position.
- The importance of finding employees who align with your company’s values.
- Some things that sales professionals can do to impress their interviewers.
Sean explains that the top-performing companies don’t wait until they have an opening to start the hiring process. Instead, they constantly expand their network and identify potential recruits before it’s ever time to hire. This helps them to create a pipeline that ensures their company is always staffed with high performers.
It’s especially important today when the economy is strong. After all, when there’s more money floating around, companies tend to ramp up their production and hire more employees. So, proactive companies are more prepared to scoop up the top sales professionals. “They have structures and activities in place that allow them to take advantage of the current environment,” Sean says.
Are you prepared to get the top sellers your organization needs? Tune into Same Side Selling to get some tips from a real hiring expert!
- Download a copy of the Ultimate Guide To Interviewing Sales Professionals
- If you wish to contact Sean you can email him or find him on LinkedIn @ Sean Sykes
- Peak Sales Recruiting official website
Ever wondered what happens after you click send on an email?
Thanks to our sponsor, MailTag, you no longer have to wonder.
Start your completely free 14-day trial and begin tracking your emails right now (no credit card required). Here’s the best part — You can save 50% on your subscription when you apply the code “IAN” at checkout. Happy emailing!
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.