“Find your spot and the audience looking for that spot will find you” – Seth Godin
Marketing expert Seth Godin returns to the podcast to share tremendous insight about reframing your sales and marketing approach to grow your business. We also talk about his latest book, This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See, which the Wall Street Journal just recognized as the number one business book on their best seller list. As an Entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker, Seth focuses on everything from effective marketing and leadership, to the spread of ideas and changing everything.
You’re going to learn a ton on this episode with Seth Godin.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- Biggest mistakes people make in the world of marketing and business growth.
- How to reframe your marketing approach to help grow your business.
- The importance of successfully delighting and amazing people.
- Why storytelling is essential to connect with your audience.
- And so much more…
Seth Godin is an Author, Entrepreneur and Most of All, A teacher. In addition to launching one of the most popular blogs in the world, he has written 18 best-selling books, including The Dip, Linchpin, Purple Cow, Tribes, and What To Do When It’s Your Turn (And It’s Always Your Turn). Though renowned for his writing and speaking, Seth also founded two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne (acquired by Yahoo!). By focusing on everything from effective marketing and leadership, to the spread of ideas and changing everything, Seth has been able to motivate and inspire countless people around the world.
In this episode, Seth talks about:
- Common mistakes that marketers make over and over.
- The importance of figuring out who the people are that are enrolled in your journey.
- Why referring people to your competition will actually work to your benefit.
- What inspired his latest book This Is Marketing.
- A little bit about chocolate. Yes, you read that right, chocolate.
- And so much more…
Seth shares that “If we’re going to be trusted, we have to be able to say to people: ‘Oh, you will be much better off calling my biggest competition’.” Godin adds “and when you can say that to people, then you don’t have to apologize for your fees anymore.”
Are you ready to transform your approach to marketing? Tune into Same Side Selling to get a ton of incredible insight!
- Website: sethgodin.com
- The Marketing Seminar: themarketingseminar.com
- Blog: seths.blog
- Book: You can find Seth’s new book This is Marketing on Amazon
Ever wondered what happens after you click send on an email?
Thanks to our sponsor, MailTag, you no longer have to wonder.
Start your completely free 14-day trial and begin tracking your emails right now (no credit card required). Here’s the best part — You can save 50% on your subscription when you apply the code “IAN” at checkout. Happy emailing!
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.