“You don’t want your competition to beat you because they’re giving better presentations than you. If you think you’ve got a better product or better service and you’re losing deals because that your competitors are just doing a better job of presenting their ideas, that’s a shame.” – Michael Port
Every interaction you have is a performance, whether you’re speaking up in a meeting, pitching a client, or walking into a job interview. Your day is full of moments when you must persuade, inform, and motivate others effectively. Each of those moments requires you to play a role, to heighten the impact of your words —if you want to ‘steal the show’, as Michael Port calls it. Michael Port is a seven-time best selling author and co-founder of Heroic Public Speaking.
Micheals shares a methodology you can follow to help you give a better performance every single time you interact with others. You’re going to learn a ton from Michael Port!
Listen and Discover
- The difference between presenting and performing.
- Five foundations for helping you communicate more effectively.
- Four elements for handling questions so you come across in the best possible light with your audiences.
- And much more…
- Michael’s website: heroicpublicspeaking.com
- LinkedIn: Michael Port
- Download the episode transcript available here
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact Ian.