This week’s guest is Michael Bungay Stanier, the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Coaching Habit. He sold about three quarters of a million copies and it’s one of a few business books that actually makes you laugh.
We’re talking about his new book, The Advice Trap, which is out very soon. The book has some really interesting insights about what Michael calls the ‘Advice Monster’, which hides behind well meaning people who give advice to others who may not want it. We also discuss the notion of fake questions and fake listening that we often fall into, even when our intentions are good.
It’s always a fun and fascinating conversation with my friend Michael Bungay Stanier.
Listen and Discover
- The biggest misconception about advice.
- The difference between easy and hard change.
- The three variations of the ‘Advice Monster’ and how to uncover and tame yours.
- The neuroscience behind advice and trust.
- And much more…
- LinkedIn: Michael Bungay Stanier
- Corporate training: visit the Box of Crayons website
- Get a copy of Michael’s book ‘The Advice Trap‘ (and complete the questionnaire)
- Download the episode transcript available here
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and especially an actionable message that can drive remarkable results – and if you have any questions for a future episode, contact Ian.