“Nobody cares about your background if they don’t first, see how whatever you do might apply to their own situation.” – Ian Altman
Giving your potential client an About Us explanation in a presentation or sales ultimately hurts you more than it helps. In the research I’ve conducted on how executives make and approve decisions, there are two critical questions people ask before approving a purchase. On this episode, I share insight to help you effectively overcome one of the biggest mistakes I see businesses make when meeting with potential customers.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- The first thing you should do when you are meeting with a potential client.
- Why giving an “about us” section in any presentation will hurt more than help.
- How to use the Same Side Quadrants in any meeting to help you stay focused.
- Why a client even agreed to meet with you.
- And so much more…
Too often we think about pushing our customers to buy, or trying to get them locked into a deal, instead of taking the time to really understand their situation. If we instead take the time to make sure we have a mutual understanding of what the outcome can be, then they’ll actually do the closing and confirming rather than us doing it.
Through the research that I’ve done I’ve learned the questions you should be asking, and tools you should be using, to make any meeting the most effective that it can be – whether or not you “confirm the deal.”
Today, I talk about:
- The three elements you should focus on in an initial meeting.
- Why you should be using the client vision pyramid with your clients and customers.
- Two critical questions executives ask before approving any purchase.
- How to effectively get to “What should be our next step?”
- Discover more about the Same Side Quadrant Journals, a tool to help you maintain focus on gathering the right pieces of information during a business meeting
- Watch a video about the Client Vision Pyramid
- Check out the Same Side Selling episode with Jim Cathcart to learn more about “Confirming the Deal“
- This episode is also available on the Same Side Selling YouTube Channel.
What’s On Your Mind
As always, this episode provides inspiration, entertainment, and an actionable message that can drive remarkable results. If you have any questions for a future episode, contact me.